Bible in the Schools
Brainerd Hills is proud to be a Covenant Church with Bible in the Schools. We are financially and prayerfully committed to advancing Bible education throughout our Hamilton County schools.
What is a Covenant Church?
A Covenant Church is a church that is committed to developing a long-term partnership between its congregation and Bible in the Schools (BITS).
- Partnership is built upon what BITS can do to support the church's mission, not what the church can do for BITS
- BITS becomes an integral part of the church's life and activities
- Church promotes BITS throughout the year as a means to achieve the church's mission.
- Partnership is not about asking for money but creating a supportive partnership with the church's congregation that may lead to increased financial support.
Bible in the Schools provides all of the funding for Bible history classes in Hamilton County public schools.
Bible History Classes:
- Elective, for-credit courses with the Bible as the textbook
- Taught by trained and certified teachers
- Teachers are employees of Hamilton County Department of Education
- Bible in the Schools reimburses all costs -- no tax dollars
Only Bible in the Schools provides an opportunity to present the Bible in our community's public school classrooms.
Bible History Classes:
- Have been taught in the Hamilton County public schools for more than ninety years
- Offered currently in twenty schools throughout Hamilton County
- 4,000 students currently enrolled
- Annually generate 250,000 hours of student Bible study
There is nothing more fundamental to our faith than the Bible. It is the basis of our knowledge of God, His love for us, and His plan for our lives.
- BITS provides the only opportunity to present the Bible in the classrooms of Hamilton County public schools
- BITS provides the ability to reach a segment of the new generation not currently being reached by the church
- Half of all first time Bible history students have had little or not previous exposure to the Bible; without this opportunity, many never would
- BITS provides a rigorous, in-depth study of the Bible not feasible in a church setting. This year, Bible history students will spend some 250,000 hours with the Bible -- in study, discussion, and training
So shall my Word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me void, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
To learn more, visit 423.648.0500
When the child of God looks into the Word of God and sees the Son of God, he is changed by the Spirit of God into the image of God for the glory of God. - Warren Wiersbe